Share the Music

How to Participate

Teachers and Community Group Leaders:
Do you want to Share the Music with a group of young people?

Eligibility: Share the Music provides access to selected performances at Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall for young people in the community who could otherwise not afford to attend. As such, 70% of Share the Music‘s allotment of tickets are reserved for this group and every effort is made to provide tickets to as many different organizations as possible. The remaining 30% of Share the Music’s tickets are available to elementary and secondary schools across the GTA, with a special emphasis on schools with strong arts programs.

Ticket Requests: Share the Music has a limited number of tickets available for selected concerts at Roy Thomson Hall and Massey Hall throughout the season and numbers vary for each performance. Please note that only serious requests should be made. There is great demand for this program and requesting tickets that go unused may jeopardize an organization's future involvement in the program.

Pre-Concert Workshops: In order to encourage and stimulate students' understanding and appreciation of the art form, each performance selected for the Share the Music program is preceded by a 30-minute workshop, designed to deepen students' engagement with the main stage performance. These workshops, hosted by noted Toronto educator-performers, are a vital component of Share the Music.

If you think your school or organization fits the eligibility criteria listed above, please complete the following steps:

Step One:
Check our current schedule of Share the Music events and select the event you'd like to attend with your group.

Step Two:
Contact Laraine Herzog (Share the Music Coordinator) at 416-593-4822, ext 326 to check for ticket availability and find out how many tickets your group may be eligible for.

Step Three:
You will be sent an Invitation and a Ticket-Request Teacher Fax-Back form that needs to be completed and returned by a given deadline to secure your ticket order.